Developing sales support materials that are on time, on budget — and on the mark.
Galderma, a leading manufacturer of OTC and prescription skin care products, had developed a new formula aimed at helping teenagers fight acne. The new product’s launch faced two challenges: First, it had a new and unique Mechanism of Action (MOA) that needed to be communicated to dermatologists and other healthcare professionals (HCPs). Second, a limited budget restricted the options that their large global brand agency was able to provide.
- Support the new brand launch of Twyneo
- Distill key product information and prepare highly memorable assets
- Expand the reach of launch budget by providing better value than larger global agencies
- Encourage HCPs to write Twyneo for teen acne patients by clearly differentiating the product
At the core of the product’s efficacy was a microencapsulation technology that combines tretinoin and benzoyl peroxide (BPO). Both molecules have proven efficacy for the treatment of acne but had never before been combined into one formulation. The goal of the initiative was to equip the sales reps with materials that could simply outline and educate how microencapsulation works on the skin, to an audience of HCPs.
Healthcare professionals tend to be busy people, and the solution needed to communicate quickly and effectively. Schaefer designed a compelling sales aid that used custom die-cut and pop-up images to clearly show how encapsulation worked, and how it set Twyneo apart from other products on the market.
A complementary animated video brought the MOA to life and used Key Opinion Leaders for narration. Schaefer created a visual tool that did the heavy lifting of differentiating the product, while working within the brand’s existing graphic standards.
These effective, engaging sales tools enabled the reps to make a visually compelling case for how this never-before-seen combination of molecules provided HCPs — and their teen patients — with a new solution for moderate to severe acne.
Working on a tight timeline and narrow budget, Schaefer:
- Developed a suite of sales resources (innovative sales aid and MOA video) that equipped the sales team for a successful product launch.
- Highlighted the unique and innovative nature of the new product
- Supported successful first-year adoption through in-person sales
By working within the client’s budget and timeline, Schaefer provided a level of value and quality that extended the client’s budget far beyond the capabilities of a large, global agency. Our “right size” agility and flexibility enabled us to mobilize quickly, and develop distinctive, memorable launch assets that led to a successful adoption curve with HCPs.