December 2012 was four months ago and last year, but I’m going to take you back to the most wonderful time of 2012 and discuss the office Christmas party of a lifetime.
A little background: Every year our Christmas party is a surprise. The exclusive planning committee — it really exclusive I’ve tried to get on if for years — keeps plans under wraps until the party time.
Instructions we were given for this party:
- Don’t schedule any meetings for Friday, December 7th. We will leave the office at 10 am.
- Make sure you have your driver’s license, I know that seems like a give in, but you can’t get into the evening festivities without it
- We will wrap things up Saturday around 4:30 pm
Packing list we were given:
- Cocktail attire for dinner and going out, IMPORTANT: guys MUST wear a jacket to dinner (we will have time to change and freshen up before dinner)
- Phone charger
- Sleeping bag & pillow
- Dress shoes
- Walking shoes
- Contact lenses/glasses
- Comfy clothes for Saturday
After months of teasing us, trying to throw us off we pulled up to DFW, got on a plane and landed here:
Yes. We had our office Christmas Part in New Orleans and it was INCREDIBLE.